As a result of her acupuncture and moxibustion treatments, patients have experienced an accelerated recovery from chemo-/radiation therapy-induced physical side effects such as vomiting, loss of appetite, pain or difficulty swallowing, sleep disruptions, constipation, diarrhea,etc.
Common Side Effects:
- Vomiting, Inappetence, Difficulty in Swallowing, Sore Mouth, Constipation, Diarrhea
- Nausea, Sleeping Disorders, Night Sweating, Fatigue, Fever or Chills, Shortness of Breath, Cough, Allergies
- Headaches and Body Pain, Arthritis, Hand Numbness or Tingling, Itching or Rash
- A specialized treatment program for chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (reduced level of white blood cells after chemotherapy): patients will be given intensive moxibustion
treatment combined with acupuncture treatment. Each treatment course will last 3-4 days, 2 hours per session per day. The treatment program has been widely introduced in China and has been
proven to increase the level of white blood cells from less than 1000 to more than 4500.
- Acupuncture treatment, particularly effective to relieve headaches and body pain, will be applied to each patient. Most insurance plans cover acupuncture treatment for pain.
- The Amethyst Bio-Mat is also utilized in the treatment. The infrared heat of the Bio-Mat penetrates the body 6"-10", which is very good for boosting immunity, reducing
inflammation, and relieving side effects such as fatigue, nausea, body pain, etc.
- Natural herbal tea is offered to patients who have received chemotherapy or radiation therapy. The herbal tea is made of high-quality refined herbal powder based on traditional
Chinese herbal formulas. The formula of the herbal tea is personalized according to different body conditions, primarily aiming at relieving side effects such as night sweating, stomach/spleen
weakness, vomiting, inappetence, etc., and facilitating healing.